Collinsville City Hall101 N Main Street
Collinsville, TX 76233
City Council Meetings
2nd Monday Monthly, 6:30 PM
View city meeting agendas and ordinances.
The City of Collinsville envisions a future that maintains its friendly and family-oriented charm, while allowing for new economic opportunities that enhance the fabric of the community and allow for its current and new residents to enjoy an increasingly high quality of life.
We understand the concern surrounding the COVID-19 cases in this area. We have taken extra measures for the public safety. Anyone entering City Hall musk have be wearing a mask and maintain a 6 foot social distance. We recommend paying utility bills and tickets online or utilize the drop off box located near the front door at 101 North Main Street.
Public Hearing Notice
A public hearing will be held on Thursday, April 15, 2021, at 6:30pm before the Collinsville Planning and Zoning Commission and on Monday, May 10, 2021 at 6:30pm before the Collinsville City Council concerning an application for zoning change for the real property described as a 53.957-acre tract of land, more or less, being part of a tract as described in the Deed to Tom W. Pingleton, filed April 2, 2007, and Recorded in Volume 4224, Page 336 of the Deed Records of the County of Grayson, State of Texas.
Both hearings will be held at Collinsville Community Center, 117 N. Main Street, Collinsville, Texas 76233. All persons having interest in the foregoing zoning case are invited to attend and present testimony at the above-referenced hearings. If you have any further questions concerning this notice, please feel free to contact the City Secretary at 903-429-6225, email@example.com, or by visiting the City’s website at www.collinsvilletexas.org.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
TO THE REGISTERED VOTERS OF COLLINSVILLE TEXAS:
An election will be held May 1, 2021 in the City of Collinsville at the Collinsville Community Center located at 117 North Main Street to elect a Mayor and two (2) Aldermen for two (2) year terms each.
Applications for ballot by mail shall be mailed to:
Grayson County Early Voting Clerk
115 West Houston Street
Sherman, TX 75090-5909
Or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by fax: 903.891.4370
(If submitted by e-mail or fax, original must be received within 4 business days)
Application for ballot by mail must be received no later than the close of business on Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
Any registered voter may vote by mail ballot that is:
- 65 years of age or older,
- Expecting to be absent from the county on Election Day and during the regular hours of the early voting period.
Any registered voter may vote in person in the early voting period
Early voting will be conducted in person at Collinsville Community Center, 117 North Street, Collinsville, Texas on April 19, 2021 through April 23, 2021 8am to 5pm, and April 26, 2021 through April 27, 2021 7am to 7pm.
On election day, May 1, 2021 the election poll in Collinsville, Texas will be located at the Collinsville Community Building 117 N Main Collinsville Texas and will be open from 7 am to 7 pm.
Keep Collinsville Beautiful Cleanup Event - Saturday, April 10th.
The City of Collinsville / KCB Spring Cleanup Event Held in Conjunction with Don't Mess With Texas Trash Off will be held Saturday April 10th. These services are provided free to customers of the City of Collinsville with recent water bill receipt as proof of eligibility.
- Three 30 yard dumpsters for regular trash items will be located inside the fenced area near City’s west water storage fenced area. Gates will be opened to the public at 8:00 a.m. until all dumpsters are filled. No admittance to dumpsters before April 10th or on Sunday April 11th.
- A Wood Chipper and operators will be provided by Grayson County Precinct 3 and will be available on April 10th from 8:00 a.m. to midafternoon and will be located in an area near the City’s Library and old football stadium. Citizens are asked to bring their tree limbs to this location. Only bagged leaves will be allowed to be dumped.
- No hazardous waste or toxic substances allowed. Some items not allowed to be dumped are refrigerant filled appliances and air conditioners, fluorescent light bulbs, batteries, anti-freeze, tires, motor oil, oil filters, computer & television monitors, all flammables & poisons, cleaners, fuels, pool chemicals, acids, oxidizers, bases, pesticides, herbicides, latex paint, oil based paint, solvents, asbestos, treated wood and compressed gas cylinders. Items will be inspected by employees of the city before being allowed to be dumped.
Spring Fling at the Park - April 10th
Join us for some fun at the newly finished Old Depot Park located at 501 Goodjohn. We'll have 'Wagons Around the Trail' with prizes for them most creative decorated wagon or bike (no motorized vehicles) at 11:30. There will be face painting, a free bird feeder craft, and food trucks for lunch in the park.
Recently we have experienced an increase in Burglary of Motor Vehicles. All the vehicles were unlocked, therefore no force was required to gain entry. The Collinsville Police Department encourages all citizens to be diligent in keeping their vehicles locked, all valuables removed and report any suspicious activity in the neighborhoods. Burglary of Motor Vehicles are generally an opportunity crime. If you make it difficult for them, they generally move on to an easier target. Burglars do not like well lit areas, they often work under the cover of darkness. Porch lights, security lights, and motion detector lights are great deterrents. Be a good neighbor by being a good witness, look out for each other.